Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The crazy 8 year old I once spoke of.....

Turned 9 today! Yep. 9. I'm not going to get all sappy and go on and on about how fast time has gone by with Kyle, but it REALLY has. This boy. Let me tell you. He's pretty special. He's the king of one liners, he's very smart, very athletic and really a sweet little boy. He says he's a Daddy's boy, but I know the truth. ")
For everyone else's birthday in November I did a little post about funny memories about that person. I think I'll keep up that tradition at least once more for Kyle. So here we go:

1. Kyle was three weeks early. He came during the only snow storm of the year. I went to the hospital at about 8:30 pm or so on the 27th already dilated to a 6. I got my epidural about an or so later and slept until about 2 in the morning. I started pushing about 2:15 and only had to push a few times and there he was. He weighed 6 lbs and 10 ounces and didn't look a thing like his brother. I fell in love with another boy that day.

2. He is in 3rd grade this year at Kane. He passed the GATES test earlier in the year (which stands for Gifted And Talented Elementary School). We are very proud of him and honestly have no idea how he became so smart. He never wanted me to teach him anything and to this day when his teachers praise him, I'm like I don't know where he learned it, but he picked it up somewhere. I choose to believe that he is one of those people who are just born smart and he won't ever really have to try at it. That's my story anyway.

3. One time when we were all eating at Mazzio's, Kyle busted out a quote from a pretty popular animated show (I'm not going to say which one, because it makes me sound like a bad parent) and we all almost died from laughing so hard. I really almost choked on my pizza.

4. The other day Ron asked Kyle if he knew where Emma's cup was and he said "well let me think about when the last time was I used it." Oh I couldn't contain myself. *Sidenote on this one - if any of you know Ron he is always saying things like this, so I found it very amusing that he was on the receiving end for a change.

5. Kyle is the perfect example of Murphy's Law. If anything can go wrong, it will go wrong. Right on Kyle's head. Or face. Or knee. Or elbow. I swear. One time the boys went to stay with my Aunt Dawn and I told her, "Watch Kyle. If anyone will get hurt, it will be him." I'm not kidding within the first few hours the child was hurt.

6. Kyle loves to help Ron do "men's work." That's what he told me one day when I asked him what he was doing outside. He said "Men's work with Dad." Oh ok. Keep it up!
7. This year Kyle played tackle football for the Y. It was his second year and he didn't seem to be as hesitant as he was the previous year. One day at practice he was playing defense and busted through the line and sacked the quarterback, whose dad happens to be Kyle's head coach. The coach was going crazy, all excited about the play and the other parents were like, umm, that's your kid he just tackled! He didn't care and really, neither did Kyle.

8. Kyle used to call magazines, mazagines. I think he still slips every once in awhile and says mazagine. We like to give him a hard time about it.

9. Kyle is a really, really good big brother to Emma and a does an awesome job with any kiddo. Our nephew Ayden loves Kyle to death and follows him around everywhere and the cool thing is Kyle likes it. He likes to have him around and entertain him. He's a very good helper. I'm going to start renting him out to parents of 2 to 4 year olds. I can guarantee it would worth every penny for an hour or two of relaxation.

10. When Kyle was born Luke was around 3 and he used to love the song BINGO. So if you asked Luke what his name was he would say Lukas Brody Freeman-O. Just like in the song. Bingo's name ended with an O so Luke thought everyone's name ended with an O. Anyway, when Kyle was born, Ron's parents started calling him Kyle Preston Freeman-O. Which led to Kyle-O and then Kyle-Odie. One Sunday at church we were taking the boys to their nursery rooms and we had to put a nametag on them. Craig decided to put Kyle-Odie on Kyle's nametag. No big deal right? Wrong. About halfway through the service a message popped up on both of the big screens in church. "Will the parents of Kyle-Odie please come to the nursery." Yeah. I loved being the one who had to stand up and respond to that one. Thus we have Kyle-Odie!

So there you go. I could go into a few other things, but I'll save those for another time.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KYLE-ODIE!!!
Your mommy loves you!

2 comments:

Ron said...

You forgot to tell the story about where "Kyle-Odie", the name, came from.

Trinidy said...

Happy Birthday Kyle!
Peyton use to call them mazagines, too~ so you're not the only one. Actually we still joke around & call them that!